So I just got back from Dubai two weeks ago and it was a blast. I went with Emirates which has always been my favorite airline, seriously no other airline tops them…from safety measures to service, you name it! As a flight phobic person and a travel blogger I always study what airlines to fly and Emirates has always been on the top of my list! I visited their state of the art training facility and it was not only overall extremely impressive but I was also astonished by their top-notch safety measures.
My many previous trips to Dubai were great but this time was different as I got to see and experience it all on a totally different level.
I’ve put for you 10 fascinating points about Emirates that I’ve learnt during my trip…enjoy…and remember to fly Emirates when you can 🙂
1. Emirates not only operates one of the youngest fleets in the world, but also the world’s largest fleet of Airbus A380s with 76 of this aircraft in service
2. Emirates’ culinary pieces are carefully scanned by hand for First Class and thrown away if any scratch is detected
3. Emirates offers free Wi-Fi on all its A380 fleet and more than half of its Boeing B777 aircraft.
4. Emirates celebrated a milestone in its employee history, with its cabin crew team now crossing 20,000 staff.
5. Emirates’ cabin crew speaks 55 languages and always speak the destination language
6. The Emirates Airline catering facility in Dubai produces an average of 163,000 airline meals a day to Emirates and over 125 other airlines operating through Dubai International.
7. Emirates offers the AeroMobile system which allows passengers to use their own mobile phones to make and receive phone calls and SMS from Emirates aircraft in-flight, just as they would on the ground.
8. Emirates latest ice system (‘ice’ stands for information, communications and entertainment), offers a staggering choice of over 2,200 channels of entertainment, including over 500 movies from around the world, hundreds of TV choices and thousands of music tracks from contemporary to classical.
9. Today, Emirates reaches six continents and operates services to 150 destinations in 80 countries
10. Emirates Airline’s first non-stop service between Auckland and Dubai will be one of the longest air routes in the world by distance, but with the assistance of clever technology and good planning, passengers will get to their destination in the shortest possible time.